Report Child Abuse
Reporting Child Abuse or Neglect
Crawford County Children Services assesses alleged child abuse or neglect based on reports given by people like you – someone who cares about the well being of children.
If you suspect a child living in Crawford County is being abused or neglected, please call our agency at 419-563-1570. Office hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Emergency response is available 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays by contacting the Crawford County Sheriff’s Department at 419-562-7906.
When making a report of child abuse or neglect, please try to provide as much of the following information as possible:
- The name and address of the child you suspect is being abused or neglected.
- The age of the child.
- The name and address of the child’s parent or guardian.
- The name of the person you suspect is abusing or neglecting the child.
- The reason you suspect the child is being abused or neglected.
- Any other information you feel would be helpful to the investigation.
A report of suspected child abuse or neglect is confidential. Your identity cannot be released to anyone without your permission, except under direct order from the court. You are encouraged to give your name to make it possible for the agency to obtain additional or clarifying information if needed, however anonymous reports are accepted. Ohio law protects individuals who report allegations of abuse or neglect in good faith, therefore you are protected from civil or criminal liability