The Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC) Program is designed to provide benefits and services to low-income families who are in need of help with essential supports to move out of poverty and become self-sufficient. If you believe you meet the qualifications for one or more of the specific PRC types listed below, bring all of the verifications listed on the service specific checklist to the OhioMeansJobs - Crawford County front desk (East Mary side of the building) and complete a PRC Application.
**Please note: There is NO PRC assistance through CCJFS for Public Utilities (i.e. AEP, Ohio Edison, Columbia Gas, City of Galion) during the Winter Crisis heating season, November 1st through March 31st. The Ohio Department of Development (ODOD) offers several programs to help low-income Ohioans pay their utility bills and improve the energy efficiency of their homes. Ohio Heartland Community Action administers the Home Energy Assistance Program & Percentage of Income Payment Program (HEAP & PIPP) for Crawford County and is a valuable resource for other needs.
For assistance with utility bills during this time period, contact:
Ohio Heartland Community Action Commission, Crawford County office
124 Buehler Street, Galion 44833
419-468-5121 / 800-854-4020
For more information on the HEAP program and to get an application on Energy Assistance Programs visit the Ohio Department of Development.
Who IS Eligible?
In general, services are available to households under 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (see specific categories for category specific income guidelines) living within Crawford County with at least one minor child living in the home, or an individual who is pregnant. Some PRC benefits are also available to non-custodial parents of a minor child who live in the State of Ohio, do not live in the same household as the minor child but are responsible for the support of that child.
Who Is NOT Eligible?
Ineligible households include but are not limited to:
- Households without a minor child or pregnant individual.
- Households that cannot show that they will be able to handle the on-going expenses related to the request (ex: pay next month's bill).
- Households whose request does not eliminate the immediate problem.
- Households with a member who is under sanction on OWF and/or Food Stamps. Compliance must be met and sanction period served.
- Households who do not use their own resources to help meet their need.
- Households with a member who has received PRC in Crawford County or any another county are held to time limits of the Crawford County PRC Plan.
- Households that falsify a PRC application or fail to cooperate with any service plan connected to their PRC Assistance. Falsified applications will disqualify all household members from the PRC program for 12 months. Applicant is responsible for all information provided for the application.
- Households with a member who has quit a job without “good cause,” as defined by CCJFS, within 60 days prior to the date of the PRC Application.
- Households with a member that fraudulently received assistance under OWF and/or PRC programs until repayment occurs.
- Households with a member having any outstanding intentional program violation (IPV) overpayment balance or who are serving a disqualification from an IPV.
- Households with a member who is ineligible for programs due to deliberate non-compliance with terms of his/her assistance.
- Individuals who are not citizens of the United States or qualified alien.
- Households with a member who is a fugitive felons and/or probation and parole violator.
General PRC Process and Guidelines
- Receive checklist of required documentation for the type of PRC you are requesting.
- Collect ALL required documentation on checklist.
- Bring ALL documentation into the OhioMeansJobs - Crawford County office and fill out PRC application.
- Your application will be processed in the order it was received by the agency. It can take up to 10 days to process applications. You will be called if additional documentation is needed.
- You will receive a letter after the application has been processed stating whether the application has been approved or denied.
- If your application is approved, a pledge of payment will be made on the approved bills.
Applications are only valid for 30 days, beginning the date the application is signed. If applicants have not met the requirements or provided all documentation within the 30 day period, the application will be denied.
Household members may have to provide verification of birth, identity, citizenship and residency if not already on file with the agency.
- For bills, PRC must bring the bill to current status ($0 balance unless it is a PIP account). If the bill changes before the appplication is approved, you may be required to provide an updated bill and additional co-payment.
PRC Services Available Through Crawford County Include:
Print Transportation Verifications and bring all documents to Ohio Means Jobs - Crawford County to apply. All verifications must be reflective of your household situation at the time application is completed.
Work Related Expenses
Print Work Related Expenses Verifications and bring all documents to Ohio Means Jobs - Crawford County to apply. All verifications must be reflective of your household situation at the time application is completed.
An Education Bonus is available to individuals who have obtained a GED, High School Diploma, Vocational Certificate, Associate Degree, or a Bachelors Degree within the last 30 days. This category is for households at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Print Education Bonus Verifications and bring all documents to Ohio Means Jobs - Crawford County to apply. All verifications must be reflective of your household situation at the time application is completed.
Youth Developmental Services
Through Youth Developmental Services, school fees and supplies for vocational education can be paid. Also school fees for secondary school can be paid. No out of state, on-line school fees can be paid. No miscellaneous fees such as a lost ID badge fee can be paid. This category is for households at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Print Youth Developmental Services Verifications and bring all documents to Ohio Means Jobs - Crawford County to apply. All verifications must be reflective of your household situation at the time application is completed.
Training, Employment, & Career Advancement Services
Training, Employment, & Career Advancement Services should be accessed first through the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program. Individuals interested in services for education and/or training complete the "Training Requirements" form and any related requirements. Through this service short-term education expenses (books, manuals, tuition) can be purchased. Testing fees for board certification and state licensure can be paid. No out-of-state or computer, on-line education is allowed. Fees for training/testing must be pre-approved and PRC cannot reimburse for training/testing expenses that have already been paid. This category is for households at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. Training, Employment, & Career Advancement Services can only be used once in a thirty-six month period (3 years) and counts towards all household members.
On-the-Job Training is a contract service paid to employers to train new employees and continue to employ the individual after the probationary period.
Combined contingency services (Utilities, Bulk Fuel, & Rent/Mortgage Assistance) can only be used once in a thirty-six month period (3 years) and count toward all household members. Also combined contingency services (Rent/Mortgage, Utility, & Bulk Fuel) have a $1,000 limit. This category is for households at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Only utility bills with a disconnect notice or that have been disconnected can be paid through this service. NO deposits, turn-on fees, previous accounts, late fees, or bills not in a household member's name can be paid by PRC. Individuals must pay 20% towards the total amount owed, not including turn-on fees or late fees. If the remaining balance (after the 20%) is greater than the $1,000 PRC maximum, the individual must also pay the remaining balance down to the $1,000 PRC maximum.
There is NO PRC assistance for Public Utilities (i.e. AEP, Ohio Edison, Columbia Gas) during the heating season, November 1st through March 31st.
Print the Utility Bill Assistance Verifications and bring all documents to OhioMeansJobs - Crawford County to apply. All verifications must be reflective of your household situation at the time application is completed.
Bulk Fuel for Heating
Bulk Fuel for heating can be purchased if the applicant has less than a 10-day supply remaining. Individuals must get a statement from a fuel company indicating the applicant has less than a 10-day supply and an estimate for the cost of the fuel. Individuals must pay 20% towards the estimated cost. If the remaining balance (after the 20%) is greater than the $600 PRC maximum, the individual must also pay the remaining balance down to the $600 PRC maximum.
Print the Bulk Fuel Verifications and bring all documents to OhioMeansJobs - Crawford County to apply. All verifications must be reflective of your household situation at the time application is completed.
Rent/mortgage payments can be made if the household has a legal (court) eviction notice only (not a 3-day notice), for mortgage must be at least 1 month behind. To qualify, the household must have lived at the residence for over 6 months and paid at least the first 6 months of rent/mortgage on their own.
This service pays up to 2 months rent/mortgage or $1,000 whichever is less. NO late fees, deposits, or any rent/mortgage due towards first six months of occupancy can be paid by PRC. Individuals must pay late fees, deposits, and any rent/mortgage due towards first six months of occupancy. Individuals must also pay 20% towards the total amount due, not counting late fees, deposits, and rent due towards first six months. If the remaining balance (after the 20%) is greater than the 2 month or $1,000 limit, the individual must also pay the remaining balance down to the 2 month or $1,000 PRC maximum (whichever applies).
Print the Rent/Mortgage Payment Verifications and bring all documents to OhioMeansJobs - Crawford County to apply. All verifications must be reflective of your household situation at the time application is completed.
NET TRANSPORTATION (GAS VOUCHERS FOR MEDICAL APPOINTMENTS)
The Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) program helps people with the cost of traveling to their Medicaid approved doctor appointments by issuing gas vouchers on a reimbursement system, in which gas vouchers are issued only AFTER an individual has attended his/her medical appointment. The vouchers can only be used at approved gas stations. All persons applying for NET services must be Medicaid eligible.
Gas Vouchers will ONLY be issued if the following two (2) documents are received by the agency within thirty (30) days of your appointment. Other verifications listed below must be current and on file with the agency at the time of the request.
- NET Gas Voucher Request Form - Must be completed for all individual gas voucher requests. This form is available to pick up at the OhioMeansJobs - Crawford County front desk at Crawford County Job & Family Services, it can be mailed to you, or you can download and print it.
- Verification of attendance
The agency must also have on-file at the time of request:
- A release of information
- Valid driver's license of person driving to appointment
- Proof of car insurance for the vehicle used
- Medicaid card
Gas vouchers will not be issued if ALL of the above mentioned forms & verifications are not received in the time allowed and/or on-file, with no exceptions.
Please plan ahead when scheduling appointments and allow up to ten (10) days for your gas voucher to be issued from the day we receive the above two (2) documents.
Other eligibility rules apply, if you have any questions, please call 419-562-8066 ext. 216.
(OAC 5101:3-24-3 A)
Please be aware that:
- Appointment cards will not be accepted for verification of doctor's appointments.
- The verification from the doctor's office must be on letterhead or prescription pad from the doctor's office. The verification must state the name of the person the appointment was for, the date and time of the appointment, and that they did attend that appointment. It must be signed by the nurse or receptionist.
- Transportation services will be provided for Medicaid covered services performed with the community. For the purpose of this plan, CCDJFS defines "Community" as anywhere within Crawford County and adjacent counties such as Huron, Seneca, Wyandot, Marion, Richland, and Morrow. ALL transportation for a consumer to a medical provider outside of the defined "Community" WILL require documentation as to why your referral is needed outside of the community by the referring medical provider.This must be on file before transportation assistance can be provided.
- If the doctor has an office in more than one location, please be sure that it is documented which office you attended your appointment.
- In order to be eligible for NET gas voucher reimbursement, you must be on an approved Medicaid Program.
- Gas vouchers are issued on a reimbursement basis only. Vouchers are not given prior to an appointment of any kind.
- If it is determined that a gas voucher was issued for a Non-Medicaid covered service, an overpayment will be issued.
- Gas vouchers will not be written for appointments that are over 30 days old.
- If you have a spend-down, the spend-down must be paid prior to receiving a gas voucher.
NET Transportation can also be used for trips that utilize one of our contracted transportation providers:
Crawford County Council on Aging
All trips must be pre-authorized by our agency.
To use a gas voucher:
Gas vouchers are to be presented to the gas station attendant BEFORE you begin pumping gas.
Gas Stations that accept the NET Gas Vouchers:
Speedway - 746 Harding Way West, Galion
Speedway - 400 N. Sandusky Avenue, Bucyrus
- Gas vouchers must be used within 10 days of the date it was written and gas vouchers will not be re-written for any reason.
- Gas vouchers are to be used one time only. You are not permitted to put gas in a gas can or in more than one vehicle. If either of these issues is reported, you will have an overpayment.
Your healthcare company such as Molina, Caresource, United, Paramount and Buckeye will transport you (over 30 miles from your home) to any healthcare appointments you may have.
Please call the member services number on the back of your card or in the table below to set up a shuttle service/cab transportation.
HEALTH CARE PLAN
CAB FARE/ SHUTTLE SERVICE
ADVANCE NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT
15 round trips per member per 12 month period to any healthcare, WIC, and/or CDJFS re-determination appointments.
Please call: 1-800-488-0134
(2 business days)
Molina Health Care
of Ohio, Inc.
15 round trips per member per 12 month period to any healthcare, WIC and/or CDJFS re-determination appointments.
Access 2 Care
(2 business days)